Dinesh Allamaprabhu M.Sc (CS)
FAPS, EFIAP, BPSA, PPSA, GPU CR-2, HIUP, c*MoL, EFIP, GPA. PESGSPC, PSA 5 Star Exhibitor (ND), Hon. PESGSPC, Hon. CPE
Dinesh Allamaprabhu hails from Mysore, India. He holds a master’s degree in Computer Science from England. After a brief stint in the IT industry, he decided to follow his passion and join his family run business, a professional photo lab and a fine art print studio in Bangalore. He spent his early childhood days assisting his father in the photographic darkroom and enjoys film photography even today. He and his father actively promote film photography and they have guided many photographers by conducting workshops and assisting many enthusiasts on daily basis. Whether analogue or digital, he enjoys all forms of photographic art.
He is a passionate nature-lover. His interest in photography is primarily driven by his fondness for animals and observing their behaviour. He loves spending quality time in the tranquility of nature and capturing the finer moments. He draws inspiration from his father, who is a renowned nature photographer from the film era. He took up photography to share his experiences through the lens.
Being a member of Youth Photographic Society in Bangalore, a reputed photo club comprising of many eminent photo artists in India encouraged him to take his photographic interests further. He began participating in international photographic competitions since July 2018. In a short span of time he has seen quite a success. His works have been extensively exhibited in over 43+ countries and has bagged over 100+ international awards along with 1200+ international exhibits. Owing to his remarkable success, he has been recognized by various international photographic bodies and some of his notable accolades are:
- His first international photographic distinction, cMoL was conferred by the Master of Light Photographic Association, Canada (MOLPA) on 26th January 2019. It was followed with the c*MoL distinction awarded on 23rd July 2019.
- Global Photographic Union, Greece (GPU) conferred GPU Crown 2 distinction on 23rd February 2019.
- He was bestowed HIUP distinction by the International Union of Photographers, China (IUP) on 7th April 2019.
- He was awarded AFIP, “Artist” distinction by the Federation of Indian Photography (FIP) on 4th August 2019, which was followed by the EFIP, “Excellence” distinction in September 2020.
- For his outstanding contribution and distinguished services to international art photography, he was awarded the Grand progress award, PA.PESGSPC and the Honorary distinction, Hon.PESGSPC from the Pascal English School and Greek School Photographic Club, Greece (PESGSPC) on 31st August, 2019.
- Photographic Society of America, USA (PSA) has rated him as a 5 Star Exhibitor in Nature division on 21st September 2019. He was also awarded the PPSA distinction by the Society based on his exhibition records. His nature portfolio set was awarded the Bronze level with the BPSA distinction on 25th November 2019.
- Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique, Luxembourg (FIAP) awarded the AFIAP, “Artiste” distinction on 31st December 2019, followed by the EFIAP, “Excellence” distinction on 31st December, 2020.
- The Australian Photographic Society (APS) honoured him with the “Associateship” distinction which was followed with the “Fellowship”, FAPS distinction and title awarded on 25th January 2020. A unique accomplishment by a nature photographer in India till date.
- In June 2020, he was ranked #2 in the world by the Photographic Society of America in their annual Who’s Who in photography under Nature division (prints).
- He was conferred with the Honorary distinction, Hon.CPE from the Campina Photographic Society, Romania on 13th October 2020.